To create sharepoint online site collection , you need to check and use “New-SPOSite” cmdlet. It describes “creates a new site collection for the current company”, it needs to load “Import-Module Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell ” module and authentication and connect-spo service before using create sharepoint cmdlet after remote connection via powershell.
- Url : [Required] Specifies the full URL of the new site collection, must be in a valid managed company’s site, valid managed paths are https://contoso.sharepoint.com and https://contoso.sharepoint.com/teams for company contoso
- Owner : [Required] : user name of the site colletion’s owner, must be user , security gorup , or email-enabled security group
- StorageQuota : [Required] : the storage quota for this creating site collection in megabytes. It must be set lower than 1024 megabytes.
- CompatibilityLevel, LocaleId, NoWait, ResourceQuota, Template, TimeZoneId, Title , these are optional parameters
- Owner must be user related active directory
- One Site Collection Quota is 1 terra bytes.
- Valid managed path : https://cloudwide1603.sharepoint.com
- Title : devSite
- Url : https://cloudwide1603.sharepoint.com/sites/devSite
- Owner : specific email enabled user
- Template : Teamsite Template , STS#0,
- StorageQuota : 5000megabytes
- Compatibility : 15 (SharePoint 2013 Version)
New-SPOSite -Url https://cloudwide1603.sharepoint.com/sites/devSite -Owner owner’s email address -Template STS#0 -Title “Dev site” -StorageQuota 5000 -CompatibilityLevel 15then it can show site collection which I created using powershell.
If is easy to create site collecton using powershell like GUI creation page. And I think we need to list up Template list to create various sites, teamsite, blog, search center…